Sunday, January 5, 2014

Meet Harmony the Hippo!

Harmony is 100% designed and knitted by me, so you won't find her anywhere else in the world!  This is my second animal scarf, the first was Daffy the Dinosaur, of course.  For both, I started the design with an idea in my head and some graph paper, choosing the type of pattern I'd want for the "skin," and deciding on features.


Where Daffy got pointed teeth, a spiny back, and brow ridges, Harmony's got square teeth, a tongue, and ears.




Both of these personality-filled accessories are made of 100% soft washable wool that won't felt, so it's completely OK if the children who own them get them a bit grubby on occasion.  In a beautiful grey, Harmony's a great neutral to go with any coat and keep someone warm.


I design my animal scarves with a bottom jaw so they've got potential to become a toy and companion as well as a scarf.  Bet you wouldn't have to convince a kid to bundle up the way my mom had to do with me if Harmony's around.

Both animal scarves can be found in Fabric of my Mind's "Imagination Safari."

Shared with:
Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingTip JunkieInklings and YarnsDragonfly DesignsSimply Sweet Home Friday FavoriteChic on a Shoestring Decorating

6 comments:

Unknown said...

He is a cutie....shared!
Debbi
-yankeeburrow

Colette said...

Love that Hippo!! He is just too cute!!!

Unknown said...

OMG Larissa! CUTE! I love them!

Unknown said...

Oh so cute! My daughter would love this...

The Quiet Mom @ Pastrami French Dip with Bell Peppers and Caramelized Onion (http://thequietmom.com/blog/recipe/pastrami-french-dip-bell-peppers-and-caramelized-onion)

Heather {Woods of Bell Trees} said...

Oh these are the cutest scarves I have ever seen!

Laurie said...

This is fantastic! You are very talented. I loved your Tip Me Tuesday link this week. {thanks girl!} Would you like Tip Junkie to feature your blog post to over 200,000 creative women? If you upload this blog post into your Tip Junkie craft room using at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL then I can easily feature it in my RSS feed, home page, and all my social networks instantly. {squealing with delight} ~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}
http://www.tipjunkie.com/post/how-to-add-a-craft-room-project-on-tip-junkie/

Related Posts with Thumbnails